Enerco projects benefit communities due to;
- Direct and indirect local employment, Enerco actively seek to create local employment uring all our projects through direct employment by Enerco and indirect through the use of local suppliers and manufacturers where possible. Following construction a number of jobs will be required for operation and maintenance.
- Improved local infrastructure, Local road networks and other associated infrastructure related to the windfarm construction will be upgraded on a site specific policy.
- Education, Enerco is committed to supporting educational initiatives that increase awareness about renewable energy and the environment and that develop skills and knowledge of future generations.
- Sponsorship, Enerco has sponsored a number of local projects both sporting and cultural.
- Research & Development, Enerco employ a number of professionals and have a link with the UCC Sustainable Energy Research Group (SERG) who carry out research on;
- Bioenergy Research.
- Energy Policy and Modelling.
- Wind Energy.
- Energy Efficiency.